Mother nature supplies us with an infinite number of super foods, but the following are five top super food wonders that can prolong your life, give you extra energy and protect against diseases like cancer and dementia. Top super foods can also protect against heart disease and diabetes, as well as boost immunity and keep you at your ideal weight. If you want a bullet proof immune system, otherwise known as Super Immunity, it starts with knowing which foods to eat and then consuming them regularly.
5 Top Super Foods (in no particular order)
- Avocados. This staple food of many vegans and vegetarians is a meal in and of itself. This great food, a cross between a fruit, a vegetable and nut is so good for you that many people in tropical countries rely on them as a main source of vegetable protein and vital nutrients.Avocados provide great energy with their high Vitamin B content, containing three important B vitamins, pyrodoxine (B6), pantothenic (B5) and folate. Avocados are also full of 13 essential minerals that can help to repair red blood cells, balance the endocrine system and prevent anemia. They contain potassium, iron, copper, and magnesium for starters.
Avocados are also a great source of lineolic acid and oleic acid. These are two important forms of monounsaturated fats that the body needs to keep our hearts healthy and metabolizing fats and carbohydrates so that we don’t become obese. Avocados help with digestion since they have a high soluble fiber content and are a great remedy for constipation. Avocados lower sugar cravings, and reduce cholesterol levels. Avocado pulp can be used to condition the hair and skin as well since they are full of Vitamins A and E. Just rub an avocado skin on dry skin – the knees, elbows or face and enjoy beautified skin, or use as a conditioner in the shower for your hair.
Tip: Instead of adding avocado to your next sandwich at Subway, buy them fresh and organic from your local grocery store.
- Goji Berries. Goji berries have been around for centuries, and only recently made it onto the ‘super food’ list, but they definitely deserve to be there. They have one of the highest ORAC value of any fruit with a documented 36,000 PRAC units per liter, and over 13,500 ORAC units per 100g of dried berries. An ORAC value is a food’s ability to absorb free radicals, a known cause of premature aging and a host of diseases. Many top super foods have high ORAC values. The antioxidant value of blueberries, just as a comparison, is 4,669 per 100grams. Grown in the Himalayan Mountains and throughout China, goji can now be found in your local grocery store often or at health foods stores. They are a must to add to your shopping list for their incredible antioxidant levels.
- Sumac. This great food has an ORAC value of 312,400 per 100 grams – it boasts one of the highest antioxidant levels of any food on the planet. Sumac is a red spice that has been used all over the Mediterranean, parts of Italy and Turkey, as well as
throughout the Middle East for thousands of years. The spice comes from berries that grow on a bush. This amazing herb has antiomicrobial qualities and has been used to treat everything from hyperglycemia, diabetes and obesity. In a recent experiment, animals who drank water spiked with sumac had less oxidized DNA bases in their colons, livers, lungs and lymphocytes.
- Cloves. Cloves (Eugenia caryophyllus.) are one of the healthiest foods on th
e planet. They are indigenous to Indonesia but now grow almost everywhere. Cloves have incredibly high antioxidant levels, are anti-inflammatory, are full of Omega-3s, Vitamin K, dietary fiber, andVitamin C.They also contain an active compound called eugenol, which can protect the body from environmental pollutions that cause numerous types of cancer. Cloves have even been used in dentistry to reduce gum pain or to stop bleeding after a root canal.
- Cilantro. Cilantro is used in Vietnamese and Mexican cooking primarily, but also in Indian and Mediterranean recipes. Cilantro offers dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and essential oils as well as antioxidants that help to fight a long list of diseases. Just 100g of cilantro daily provide more than 225 % of the daily recommended vitamin dosage of Vitamin A. Cilantro is also a rich source of Vitamin K, B-6, and C as well as numerous trace minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, and manganese.
Cilantro is an analgesic, and aphrodisiac, has fungicidal properties and also helps with digestion. Cilantro can also be used to help rid the body of heavy metals since it binds to them and thereafter they are expelled them from the body. Cilantro can also protect against urinary tract infections, lower blood sugar, lower bad cholesterol, reduce menstrual cramps and lessen mood swings caused by changes in hormones.
Buying Top Super Foods can be Convenient
While it might seem daunting or strange to go out and start searching for exotic super foods at your local grocer, but you’d be surprised how easy it is to pick up a few select items from time to time. Many of these top super foods can be combined with pasta, wild rice dishes, or any kind of stir fry just to name a few. At the end of the day it’s your human body and your immunity.
Say yes to super immunity and join us below!